Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Backbar provides an all-in-one platform for restaurants and bars to manage their alcohol inventory and purchasing. Our web and mobile apps make it easy for operators to take inventory, manage costs, order new products, price menus, and track important data. Backbar is part of VIP, a leader in the beverage software industry.
Remote (must be located in the U.S. or Canada and have work authorization in your country)
What we're looking for
Backbar is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for creating user-friendly applications. The ideal candidate will take great pride in their work and be well-rounded across the entire software stack. This person must be comfortable working closely with a small team and have the flexibility to work on clearly-defined as well as abstract tasks to achieve a shared goal. This is an opportunity to work on fun and challenging projects and make a big impact in a start-up like environment.
What you’ll do:
- Work across multiple parts of the tech stack: architecture, front and back-end web development, mobile apps, analytics and data warehouses
- Internal and third-party API integrations, work with high volume ETL systems, large-scale data warehouses, and predictive forecasting
- Build robust, secure, scalable, and appropriately tested features from end to end
- Continuously seek self-improvement and learning
- Utilize experience to help guide team through Agile development practice
- Act as a mentor to newer developers on the team
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Solid knowledge of programming fundamentals—algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and paradigms
- Familiarity with modern deployment concepts, including cloud infrastructure (like AWS) and configuration management
- Strong understanding of relational database technologies, including SQL
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Our tech stack
- Frameworks: Node, Vue, React Native, Redux
- Tools: Jira, Git, Ansible, PUG, Stylus, Firebase
- Cloud Computing: AWS CDK, EC2, S3, Fargate, Lambda, RDS, API Gateway
Our hiring process is simple, transparent and mindful of your time and ours. You can expect a short phone screen, a take-home work sample exercise and two to three ~1 hour interviews.
All full-time job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
How to apply
If all of this excites you, please apply by emailing email@example.com and include
- Subject line: "Backbar Senior Software Engineer"
- Attach your resume
- Provide a brief introduction about yourself or attach a cover letter. Links to any websites, apps, projects and/or github profile/repos that demonstrate your experience are helpful as well